We live in a world where technology is growing at an astonishing rate. And due to this advancement in technology, we are now able to talk with our friends and relatives who are miles away from us, not just by text, but also by video calls. Although many of us prefer using text for communication as we are busy in our day to day routine to have a video call.
Just texting out to someone without any images looks boring. So to bring in some fun and add feeling to the message you send we use emojis while texting to our loved ones to express our emotions. Different platform have different emojis which have different colors and are really cute. This is all about when you are texting using the mobile phone or is only limited to specific apps, and websites. But what when you want to use them on your PC while surfing other websites.
To solve this problem, chrome is testing out its new feature which will allow you to have an emoji panel where ever you want while surfing on internet. This feature is available on Chrome 68 onwards, so in case you haven’t updated your browser, follow this procedure after updating the browser. Now that you have checked browser version, let us have a look at how to enable emoji panel on google chrome.
- You need to enter chrome://flags in the address bar hit the enter button.
- You will see a search bar on top of the page which is loaded. Search for “Emoji Context menu” and press enter.
- After the search result appears, select “Enabled” from the drop to menu.
4. After the selection is done, a pop-up should appear telling you to restart chrome to perform the changes.
5. After chrome gets restarted, right click on the text field where the emoji is to be inserted and select emoji from the menu which is displayed.
If you are a windows 10 user, you can also access the emoji panel using the keyboard shortcut Windows + period(.)
Google chrome uses the default emoji panel present in Windows 10 and hence somewhere while using the emoji panel you may find that the emojis are not being shown properly. This might be because the text field might not be compatible to insert images in it.
This was the process you need to do to enable the emoji panel on your chrome.