We have heard this word Cloud Service Providers a lots of time but many of us don’t know what this mean. So let us first clarify it. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are companies which provide you infrastructure, network related services, and business applications on the cloud. The cloud service is data hosted on the servers which can be accessed by the individuals or the companies.
Cloud service providers are used due to their efficiency and effective scale. Cloud service providers allow companies to use their shared hosting instead of building their own infrastructure for hosting.
There are total three types of Cloud Service.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – Provides software
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) – Provides a computing platform
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – Provides computing infrastructure.
There are number of Cloud Service providers in the market but Top 3 position are secured by – Amazon Web Service (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
We will be comparing these top three Cloud Service Providers. Without wasting any more time, Let us start.
One of the biggest thing we think about while using any service is PRICE.
Firstly let us look at pricing of AWS.
AWS provides three tier price model shown below.
According to this pricing, you need to pay according to the data you store on their data centres. Up to 50TB you need to pay $0.023 for each Gigabyte of data every month. As your data increases, the price for the Gigabyte of data decrease as you can see it in above pricing.
There are a few free tier services which you can take a look on here – https://aws.amazon.com/free/
Let us look at pricing of Azure.
Azure provides various services and they charge you according to the hours of usage. Below is the complete services they provide with the Pricing.
- App Service (Compute) – 0.01 euro / Hour (Free for first 12 months)
- Virtual machines (Compute) – 0.006 euro / Hour (Free for first 12 Months)
- Azure SQL Databases (Databases) – 0.016 euro / Hour (250 GB free for first 12 Months)
- Blog Storage (Storage) – 0.002 euro / Hour (5GB free for first 12 Months)
- Azure Container Service (Container) – 0.006 euro / Hour (Free for first 12 Months)
- Functions (Compute) – 0.15 euro / Million executions (1 Million request per month free)
You can view other pricing details by visiting here – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/
Lastly let us look at Google Clouds Pricing.
Google going head to head with its competitors, bills based on the exact usage of the users as they charge on the basis of the minutes the cloud services are used.
Above are the pricing innovation by google.
After considering the price for the services, next most of us look on to the features they are providing. All three have their own features, as no single on this earth is same, similarly each CPS has different features.
There’s a lots of category that AWS provide you for the Cloud Services.
AWS has a lots of categories, and to make it simple they have divided it into three Main Category and 12 Sub Category. All of them are listed below.
- Core Cloud Service
- Rich Platform Services
- Developer Productivity and Operational Efficiency
Core Cloud Service consist of – Compute, Storage and content Delivery, Networking and Database. This category helps user in creating virtual servers, containers, manage storage, manage hybrid storage, manage variety of databases, managing DNS and much more.
Rich Platform Services consist of – Analytics, Enterprise Application, Internet of Things (IoT), and Mobile Services. This category includes services like machine learning, business intelligence, desktop visualization, email and calendaring, mobile development and analytics and much more.
Developers Productivity and Operational Efficiency consist of – Developers Tools, Mangement Tools, Security and Identity, Application services. This category includes things like source code, code deployment, resource templates, access control, security assessment, API management, application streaming etc.
Lets move to features of Azure.
Alike AWS, Microsoft Azure also provides many services to their clients which we will be discussing next.
- Compute Service – It handles managing the virtual machines, and also help developers to build and manage their websites.
- Storage Services – It helps in data storage and access them by REST APIs and it also provides Queue Services.
- Mobile Services – It helps in development, distribution, testing of mobile apps and also helps in collection real time analytics.
- Media Services – It helps in content protection, streaming and analytics.
- Developers Service – It helps in gaining analytics for their applications.
- Management Services – Provides Automation feature with Microsoft SMA ( Service Management Automation).
- CDN Services – Azure provides Content Delivery Network for images, audio video etc.
This was about the features Microsoft Azure provided.
GOOGLE CLOUD FEATURES
At last let us talk about the features provided by Google Cloud.
Similar to AWS, Google also provide their services under six broad categories. Let us see all of them.
- Compute – Service like Compute Engines, Virtual Machines, app engine and container storage.
- Storage – Services like Cloud Storage, SQL, Nearline, Bigtable etc.
- Networking – Services like Cloud Networking, HTTP, HTTPs, DNS management etc.
- Bigdata – Services like Bigquery, Dataflow, Dataproc and much more.
- Services – Machine Learning, multilingual applications etc.
- Management – Services like Cloud Management, Cloud Deployment Manager, container registry etc.
It also has many other features which you can check out here – https://cloud.google.com/terms/services
After knowing all the features and pricing, the next step is to implement the cloud service. Let’s look on to how easy or typical is it to implement this different service providers.
AWS has a very nice single page where you can start with. It also provides you with the guides. Everything is broken down platform wise, which make it even better.
Microsoft Azure also provide a easy implementation process with a different process guide for developers and operations, with very in-depth guide.
GOOGLE CLOUD IMPLEMENTATION
Google Cloud uses “Cloud Launcher” for implementing their cloud services. Cloud Launcher makes it easy to implement the services you want.
So that’s all about the pricing, features and implementation of the CSP – AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. Hope you have got clear idea about this CSPs. Do comment down all your queries.